Wepre Park development project
Find out about all the exciting plans that are happening here at Wepre and have your say on what you would like to see.
Flintshire Countryside Services were successful in submitting a round one application to the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF). This means that we can now work with the local community to develop a masterplan for the project which will identify the areas for improvement and enhancement in the park.
A first-round pass means the project meets HLF criteria for funding and HLF believes the project has potential to deliver high-quality benefits and value for Lottery money. The application was in competition with other supportable projects, so a first-round pass is an endorsement of outline proposals.
The project has been developed further and submitted to the Heritage Lottery Fund for a decision in December 2012.
As the Heritage Lottery Fund has very clear guidelines on what they will and will not fund.
the project has been developed to included projects that people wanted to see to improve Wepre Park for the benefit of the wider community.
Community consultation highlighted the following projects as being important to develop.
Restoration of the Old Hall gardens, improved paths and access across the site, better access to Ewloe Castle improved signage and interpretation about the site. There is also the possibility of improving the front of the park with new fencing and gates and improvements and an extension to the visitors centre.
If there are other projects and park improvements you would like to see then please let us know as there will be other funding we can apply for after the Heritage Lottery Funding.
- 2010 – Flintshire County Council were successful with the bid for round 1 of HLF funding
- Dec 2011 – Wepre Park Development Officer started
- Jan – April 2012 – Community consultation on the plans for Wepre Park
- May 2012 – Receive feedback from consultation and the plans that have been developed.
- June 2012 – Plans amended following feedback
- July 2012 – Preparation of all the supporting documents for the HLF bid
- August 2012 – Submission of the second round funding bid
- December 2012 Decision from the Heritage Lottery Fund
Sarah Jeffery (Wepre Park Development Officer)
Wepre Park Visitors Centre, Wepre Park, Connah’s Quay, Flintshire, CH5 4HL
Phone. 01244 814931 / Mobile. 07909 845988