- Schools and colleges
- Area Schools Review 2012
- Children and Young People - School Modernisation
- Children and Young People's Partnership Plan 2011 - 2014
- E Teach
- Education maintenance sixth form grant
- Emergency School Closure Parent Information
- English as an additional language
- Estyn Report 2009
- Examinations 2013
- Healthy Schools Scheme
- Inclusion support service
- Music Service - A Celebration of Christmas
- Music service - schools
- Physical education and school sport
- Pupil Numbers on Roll
- School Complaints
- School Holidays and Training Days
- School Meals
- School admissions
- School contact details
- School Modernisation - Main Page
- Section 52 Budget Statement
- Statutory Notices Schools
- Student Loan
- Welsh Medium Education - The Best of Both Worlds
Welsh Language policy for all schools
The Authority’s Welsh language policy aims to ensure that all pupils reach a standard of bilingualism. It will be the responsibility of the Authority, in conjunction with the Head and the School Governors, to ensure the teaching of both Welsh and English is in accordance with National Curriculum requirements.
Primary Education will be provided for all children mainly through the medium of English, or mainly through the medium of Welsh.
Secondary Education will be provided for all children mainly through the medium of English, or mainly through the medium of Welsh. To ensure continuity with the primary schools, Welsh will be taught as a second language in all secondary schools where the main medium of instruction is English.
Usually pupils who have received their education through the medium of Welsh in primary school transfer to Ysgol Maes Garmon at Key Stage 3. Pupils can transfer from English medium primary schools to Ysgol Maes Garmon where they will be offered the immersion scheme that is available at the end of Year 6 and all the way through Year 7.
Submit an enquiry (will open an e-form) for this service
(Please state whether interested in Primary or Secondary when submitting your enquiry to assist with response time)