- Arson Reduction
- Attending Fires
- Contact us
- Counter terrorism information
- Emergency Flood Advice
- Emergency response planning
- Environmental Services Emergencies
- Fire Safety Advice for Business
- Hazardous chemical incidents
- How Flintshire responds to an emergency
- How to plan for a business emergency
- How to respond to a home or personal emergency
- Incidents with hazardous materials
- Local radio stations
- Public Information: Euticals, Sandycroft
- Recovery from a disaster
- Severe weather - council services
- Severe weather: workforce information
- Swine flu
- Useful web links
- Wales Prepared
- Wales resilience
- Winter storms and extreme cold
- Write your own emergency plan
Flintshire Neighbourhood Watch AssociationBetsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board (new window)Flintshire Citizens Advice Bureau (new window)Flintshire and Wrexham Local Safeguarding Children Board (new window)Flintshire Local Voluntary Council (new window)Fire and Rescue Service (new window)North Wales Police (new window)Welsh Government (new window)
Check list for people with mobility/medical problems
If you or someone in your household uses a wheelchair, make more than one exit from your home wheel chair accessible in case the primary exit is blocked in disaster.
- Teach those who may need to assist you in an emergency how to operate necessary equipment.
- Arrange for a relative or neighbour to check on you in an emergency if you live alone
- Plan and practice how to escape from your home in an emergency.
- Consider getting a medical alert system that would allow you to call for help if you are immobilised in an emergency
- Extra wheel chair batteries, oxygen, medication, food for guide dogs any other special equipment you might need.
- A list of the model and serial numbers of medical devices such as pacemakers etc.
- List of your medication.