Bulky waste collection
We offer a ‘Bulk Collection’ service for large items of furniture and other materials which cannot be collected with your regular black rubbish bin.
Could your bulky item be re-used?
If the furniture or appliances you wish to dispose of are in good condition please think about donating them to REFURBS Flintshire (new window) Tel: 01352 734111 or Flintshire Furniture Recyclers Tel: 01352 762155. Both offer free collection within Flintshire.
This service is free of charge if you are in receipt of the following benefits: Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based), Employment & Support Allowance (Income Related), Disability Living Allowance (DLA) / P.I.P, State Pension or Guaranteed Pension Credits. Proof of benefit is required, details of which can be taken over the phone.
Please note this is limited to one collection of up to three items per year.
Fridges & fridge freezers are removed free of charge from all homes.
Charges - for those not in receipt of benefits/pension
1-3 items = £15.00 inc. vat
Extra items, up to maximum of 7are an extra = £5.00 each
The Recycling Parks are available to householders 364 days a year if you wish to dispose of household items yourself free of charge.
What we will collect
Asbestos waste can only be disposed of by householders at the Buckley and Greenfield Recycling Parks, free of charge. We do not provide an Asbestos disposal service direct from your home but can advise of a company that are specialists in this.
To arrange a collection:
We will collect within 7 working days.
Telephone 01352 701234. Payment can be with a credit or debit card. Please have details of your benefit/pension ready before calling.
Send a cheque made payable to ‘Flintshire County Council’ with a note of your name and address, a list of all items for collection and details of your benefit/pension to: Streetscene Services, Alltami Depot, Mold Road, Alltami, Flintshire CH7 6LG.
Visit any of the Council cash offices listed below:
- BUCKLEY - Town Hall offices, Mold Rd (open 9am to 1pm)
- CONNAH'S QUAY - County Office, Wepre Drive (open 9am to 1pm)
- FLINT - County Office, Chapel St (open 9am to 4.30pm)
- MOLD - Town Hall Offices, Earl Road (open 9am to 4.30pm)
Please help us to provide an efficient service by observing the following:
- The items must be accessible by our crews. This means their vehicle must be able to park on your road, and not be blocked by other vehicles or obstructions.
- The items must be placed outside the property ready for collection and we will collect within 7 working days.
- Items must be left outside of the property but within the property boundary (example, front garden), but not on the footpath or highway. Any items left on the public highway will be considered fly tipping, which could lead to legal action.
- There is a limit of 10 household items in a twelve month period (or up to 20 bin bags)
- Small waste objects should be placed into a box, sack or suitable container which will then be counted as one item.
- Only the items listed during the original request to us will be collected. Additional items will not be collected.
- No commercial or industrial waste will be collected.
- All items must be presented for collection by 7am on the specified day of collection.
- We will not enter houses to collect waste items.
- The collection point for properties with difficult access e.g. flats, shall be agreed with us before collection.
- We reserve the right to refuse the collection of any waste items that may cause harm or may have an affect on the health and safety of waste collection staff.
- For the avoidance of doubt Home Improvements including kitchen/bathroom renewals, fitted wardrobes and any soils & rubble from landscaping works are not classed as bulky waste and householders should make the appropriate arrangements with a contractor to ensure duty of care for their safe disposal.
What happens to this waste?
We will try to reuse or recycle as much of your waste as possible. However sometimes items are not suitable for reuse or recycling and will be sent to landfill sites.
Furniture will be inspected and where possible refurbished. Electronic and electrical items will be separated and sent locally for recycling, e.g. fridges, freezers, cookers, TV's, washing machines, dishwashers, tumble dryers etc
Submit an online enquiry (will open an e-form). For help and information telephone 01352 701234