- Payment of Your LGPS Lump Sum
- Payment of Your Monthly Pension
- Tax Queries
- Pensions Increase
- Change of Bank or Personal Details
- Your LGPS Pension and Living Abroad
- Annual Allowance
- Lifetime Allowance
- Guaranteed Minimum Pension
- Pensions After Death
- Pension Sharing on Divorce or Dissolution of Civil Partnership
- Re-employed Pensioners
- Pensions Literature
- Pensions Forms
- State Retirement Benefits
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
Employees who entered an occupational pension scheme after 5 July 1948 and left the Scheme prior to 1 April 1998 were subject to a modification of their pension scheme.
This means that any contributions paid by you between 5 July 1948 and 31 March 1980 (when modification ceased) were reduced by 6p per week.
Your scheme benefits will therefore be reduced by £1.70 from state retirement age for each completed year during which contributions were paid.