Thursday June 1st – 29th June 2017
Public Space Protection Orders (PSPO’s) are one of a number of new powers introduced by the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014. They are designed to stop individuals or groups committing anti-social behaviour in a public space which is having or is likely to have a detrimental effect on the quality of life of people in the area. The behaviour must be unreasonable and persistent or continuing in nature.
Flintshire County Council are to consult on a proposed Dog control PSPO which is required to replace the current Dog Control Order in place.
The prohibitions proposed would require dog owners to:
- Remove dog waste immediately from the ground at all public locations.
- Put their dog on a lead when directed to do so by an authorised officer. This only applies to any public land where a dog is considered to be out of control or causing alarm and distress.
- Keep dogs on leads within cemeteries.
- Have a means on their person to collect dog waste from the ground if asked by an authorised officer.
Dogs would also be excluded from entering:
- enclosed children's play areas
- The playing areas of marked sports pitches
- The playing area of specific sporting or recreational facilities
- School Grounds
Any breaches would result in the issuing of a Fixed Penalty Notice to the person responsible for the dog.
We value your opinion, so please take the time to read the attached literature, which includes a copy of the draft order; a ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ document; and a map of potential sites where the prohibitions would be enforced. Please then complete our online survey on the proposed PSPO conditions.
Explanatory Notes - PSPO (PDF new window)
DRAFT Public Spaces Protection Order - Dog Control and Fouling 2017 (PDF new window)
Map of Potential Sites (new window)
Survey (new window)
*5.5.17 An amendment has been made to the map to include the Flintshire County Council land at Argoed Sports Ground.
The consultation ran from 1st June 2017 to 29th June 2017.
Representations received after 29th June 2017 will not be considered as part of the consultation process.
The consultation has now closed and all representations received are being collated.