Your registration / ceremony can take place at any Register Office or Approved Premises in England or Wales, irrespective of where you live.
Notice of civil partnership must be given in the local Register Office where you live.
As soon as you've decided when and where you wish to register your partnership, if you live in Flintshire, you should contact the Flintshire Register Office to arrange for you and your partner to give Notice. You must reside in the district for at least 7 days before giving Notice. If you live in different districts, each of you will have to give Notice in your own district. Your Civil Partnership may be registered within 12 months of giving notice after a clear period of 28 days has elapsed / 16 days for notices given before 2 March 2015.
Documents needed for giving Notice:
• Proof of identity and nationality (preferably your passport). If you do not have a current valid passport, you should produce your birth certificate. Since 1 January 1983 your nationality is dependent on the nationality of your parents. If you were born before that date, you should produce your passport or birth certificate. If you were born after that date you should produce your passport or full birth certificate together with evidence of the nationality of one of your parents (their birth certificate or passport)
• Proof of address
• If you are divorced or have had a previous civil partnership dissolved, your Decree Absolute or Final Order of Civil Partnership Dissolution bearing the court\'s original stamp
• If you are a surviving civil partner or a widow or widower, the Death Certificate of your former spouse or civil partner
• If you have formally changed your name, your Deed Poll or Statutory Declaration document
• If you are non British and subject to immigration controls you will both need to give your notice of marriage at a Designated Register Office. Contact the Flintshire Register Office for further information
• The current fee.
You must be at least 16 years of age and if you are under 18 years of age, you will need the consent of your parent(s) or guardian before you can register your Civil Partnership.