Temporary Arrangements - Flintshire Household Recycling Centres
We are pleased to announce that Flintshire County Council has successfully obtained funding from Welsh Government to redevelop its Household Recycling Centres.
As from the 9th January 2017 both Buckley and Mold Household Recycling Centres will close for a period of 3 months, for redevelopment. The sites will open on the 1st April 2017 and will provide an improved customer experience with improved traffic flow and easy step free access to a wider range of recycling skips.
This leaflet, Flintshire Household Recycling Centres- Temporary Arrangements (PDF new window) contains information outlining the temporary arrangements that will be in place for the residents of Flintshire to recycle their waste during the period of redevelopment: - Please note Van Ban Permits and Asbestos will only be accepted at Greenfield Household Recycling Centre for this period.
We would like to thank you for your patience during this time.
Reduce landfill – donate it!
Local charity Refurbs Flintshire (01352 734111) can collect re-usable furniture and electrical items from your doorstep for free. Alternatively, advertise them on your local Freecycle / Freegle website.
We provide a network of 8 Household Recycling Centres (also known as 'the tip/dump') for residents to recycle waste from their home.
Buckley, Greenfield, Mold & Sandycroft recycling centres are open 7 days a week and only close on Christmas Day.
Connah's Quay & Flint recycling centres are open Saturday, Sunday & Monday.
- 9am to 7pm - 1st April to 30th September
- 9am to 5pm - 1st October to 31st March
View a map online. The map shows all 8 recycling centres in Flintshire
- Buckley - Globe Way, Buckley CH7 3LY
- Connah’s Quay - Dock Road, Connah’s Quay CH5 4DS
- Flint - Castle Industrial Estate, Flint CH6 5XA
- Greenfield - Greenfield Business Park No2, Greenfield CH8 7GJ
- Mold - Nercwys Road, Nercwys, Mold CH7 4ED
- Sandycroft - Prince William Avenue, Deeside, CH5 2QZ
The staff on site can provide you with assistance to help you remove waste from your vehicle and place it in the skips. If steps are a problem try the Greenfield site - it doesn’t have any.
- Do not leave waste outside the recycling centres or bring banks. You can be prosecuted for fly tipping.
- You must be a resident in Flintshire to use Flintshire’s Household Recycling Centres. Likewise, neighbouring authorities will not accept waste from Flintshire residents.
- Trade waste is not accepted.