Reduce landfill – donate it!
Local charity Refurbs Flintshire (new window) (01352 734111) can collect re-usable furniture and electrical items from your doorstep for free. Alternatively, advertise them on your local Freecycle / Freegle website.
We provide a network of 8 Household Recycling Centres (also known as 'the tip/dump') for residents to recycle waste from their home.
Buckley, Greenfield, Hope, Mold & Sandycroft recycling centres are open 7 days a week and only close on Christmas Day.
Connah's Quay & Flint recycling centres are open Saturday, Sunday & Monday.
- 9am to 7pm - 1st April to 30th September
- 9am to 5pm - 1st October to 31st March
View a map online (new window). The map shows all 8 recycling centres in Flintshire
- Buckley - Globe Way, Buckley CH7 3LY
- Connah’s Quay - Dock Road, Connah’s Quay CH5 4DS
- Flint - Castle Industrial Estate, Flint CH6 5XA
- Greenfield - Greenfield Business Park No2, Greenfield CH8 7GJ
- Hope - Pigeon House Lane, Hope LL12 9RE
- Mold - Nercwys Road, Nercwys, Mold CH7 4ED
- Sandycroft - Prince William Avenue, Deeside, CH5 2QZ
Type of waste accepted
List of waste accepted at Household Recycling Centres (PDF 1.1Mb new window)
The waste must be from a domestic property. We will not take commercial or business waste.
When a permit is required
Cars and single axle trailers don’t need a permit. Vans, twin axle trailers and other large vehicles do. The permit is free.
Vehicle permits – find out more or apply
The staff on site can provide you with assistance to help you remove waste from your vehicle and place it in the skips. Don’t forget, if you are in receipt of certain benefits e.g. Disability Living Allowance (DLA) we can collect bulky items free of charge from your home. If steps are a problem try the Greenfield site - it doesn’t have any.
- Do not leave waste outside the recycling centres or bring banks. You can be prosecuted for fly tipping.
- You must be a resident in Flintshire to use Flintshire’s Household Recycling Centres. Likewise, neighbouring authorities will not accept waste from Flintshire residents.
- Trade waste is not accepted.
Local recycling banks
Drop it while you shop! There are 23 local bring banks near shops (or pubs) where you can recycle TetraPak, small electricals, textiles / shoes etc. Find your nearest bring bank (PDF 350KB new window).