Celebrate and protect the past today for future generations tomorrow
Opportunities now exist to make a difference and be part of this exciting venture. The Trust wishes to recruit five Trustees to its Board.
Greenfield Valley Heritage Park is a 70 acre site, extending from the A548 coast road at Greenfield to the town of Holywell. The site reflects the varied and very long history of the area. It contains some of the most significant and interconnected industrial heritage in North Wales and has a remarkable number of historic sites, including seven scheduled ancient monuments, plus a museum within its boundaries.
Our vision for the Greenfield Valley Heritage Park is that by 2025 it will be a regional exemplar in industrial and natural heritage management, providing quality open access for recreation and vibrant learning experiences for all. It will be welcoming, valued and enjoyed whilst its heritage is protected and its wildlife flourishes.
The Valley Trust is a registered company and charitable organisation, established to manage the Greenfield Valley on behalf of Flintshire County Council. This arrangement is via a funded management agreement, although the expectation is the Trust will work to increase the revenue through increased visitors and grants and will become self-sufficient over time.
Hover over the image and use the arrows to view the full picture gallery.
- Do you have entrepreneurial flair?
- Are you an experienced high calibre professional with a commercial outlook?
- Do you care about protecting the past and can give back your expertise to our local communities?
- Can you steer our future of Greenfield Valley with your passion and energy?
- Do you want to be part of an aspirational, innovative and dynamic Trust?
- Are you looking to extend existing or gain new Board experience, which would help in your career development or to sit on a national board?
YES? - This is a unique opportunity and we want to hear from you!
We welcome expressions of interest and applications from individuals with strategic and clear thinking skills, the ambition and dedication to drive Greenfield Valley forward, an understanding and ability to evaluate environmental, historical and commercial issues, and ability to contribute effectively as part of a team and with innovative ideas.
We particularly welcome those with professional experience in fields that will help us make a difference to our future success such as:
- Marketing, communications, social media, public relations, sales, tourism
- Strategy, governance, finance, human resources, legal, performance management
- Fundraising, statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving
- Heritage, museums, visitor/family attractions
- Community involvement, community engagement
Our Board positions are on a voluntary basis with appropriate expenses.
To personally discuss this exciting opportunity please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a call back.
An information pack including details about how to submit a short and concise application can be found in the menu on the right.
The closing date for application is noon on Friday 29 September. Meetings with potential board members will be held between 4pm and 7pm on Thursday 12 October.